23 January 2008

bits and pieces

I will be honest, I am tired as I write this, I have been up since 6 am with no nap (it is currently 9 pm), and I've spent the day thinking from the get go. Nonetheless, I am drawn to write a bit. Lately I've been struggling with some ideas, like inerrancy and authority of Scripture, and how we use (or abuse) Scripture, and its role in the Christian life and the Church. It seems to be a lense I'm seeing life through right now (thank you Lynn), be it my work in class (Reading Practices and New Testament), community group or early morning scripture reading (that is why I was up early) or in my conversations with friends. Anyways, I don't have the mental capacity to engage that right now...I will, hopefully, soon.

I also had a moment of perspective tonight, concerning my education. I am currently in New Testament class, for which I m paying $100 for just tonight's session (it is roughly $33 per credit, per session). I honestly have never thought about my education that way. Lately, I've been rethinking many aspects of my life, honestly, and again, more on that later.

I better pay attention, I think I just missed out on at least $1 worth of education in writing this.

No comments: